Re: 8.0 BETA: touchpad taps occur while typing

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 10:53:26AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 02:04:24PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 09:37:39AM +0200, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > > that's fine, pckbc (pms@pckbd@pckbc, actually) handles synaptics too.
> > > There's no separate driver for synaptics in the NetBSD kernel.
> >
> > 'man pms' shows a lot of hw.synaptics.* properties.
> >
> > But 'sysctl -a' does not show them. I thought, if applicable it would have
> > shown at least the default values.
>
> So, indeed your touchpad is not detected as synaptics.
> In this case it's probably the hardware itself which handles
> the gestures, not the driver.

On Linux it is detected as synaptics and the present issue does not occur.
May be I can try tinkering with "synaptics detection" part of the kernel
(since it is known to work as synaptics on other OS). I'll just need some
help to reach the right code and some high level guidance.

Mayuresh.