Re: 8.0 BETA: touchpad taps occur while typing

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 07:54:18AM +0930, Brett Lymn wrote:
> Ah, that is a bit of an issue then.  The touchpad drivers themselves
> don't have any fine grained controls for turning off some gestures.  I
> guess a bunch of sysctl variables could be added to do this but they
> simply are not there at the moment - currently if the touchpad says it
> supports a gesture then it will be reported.

synaptics has a bunch of variables, but my touchpad is not being detected
as synaptics. The kernel option PMS_SYNAPTICS_TOUCHPAD is enabled. It's
GENERIC kernel.

In turn sysctl -a does not reflect synaptics variables.

Mine is detected as pckbc instead. I tried disabling pckbc, but it still
did not detect it as synaptics.

> Perhaps another approach is to just disable the double-click action in X
> which is what you have been looking at but I think you are looking in
> the wrong spot - the double click handling is more an application/window
> manager function so you need to look there to prevent undesirable
> effects.

I use ratpoison WM. Tried switching to NetBSD's default wm but the issue
is same.

Had that been a wm issue, I'd have faced it in the same wm on Linux. On
Linux synaptics driver is used and there is no issue.

Mayuresh.