Feladó: Leonardo Taccari < leot%NetBSD.org@localhost (Link -> mailto:leot%NetBSD.org@localhost) >
Dátum: 2017 május 15 13:27:06
Tárgy: Re: no console login after sysupgrade from 7.0 to 7.1
Címzett: netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost (Link -> mailto:netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost)

Hello r0ller!
r0ller writes:
> Hi All,
>
> I recently upgraded my 7.0 (amd64) to 7.1 using sysupgrade and although I was very cautious during the upgrade process when answering all the questions about the config file changes, I may have done something wrong. So currently I cannot logon as root via the console but interestingly enough I can logon as normal user to X (started by xdm) and in an X terminal I can switch to root using su which accepts the root&#39;s pw. If I try to log on to the console as root, the logon simply hangs -does not even ask for a password. I haven&#39;t tried the console logon as normal user but will do this evening. Till then, if anyone has any hint, I&#39;d appreciate that!
>
> Thanks &amp; regards,
> r0ller
I think that /etc/ttys was (accidently!) overwritten, probably you'll
want something like that (in a unified format, please notice the 4th
column `off' vs `on'):
-ttyE1 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 off secure
-ttyE2 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 off secure
-ttyE3 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 off secure
+ttyE1 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 on secure
+ttyE2 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 on secure
+ttyE3 "/usr/libexec/getty Pc" wsvt25 on secure