Re: NetBSD installer failure

On Fri, 3 Mar 2017, Al Zick wrote:
http://datazap.net/sites/14/hang.jpg Does anyone have any ideas as to why?

It's hard to say, but it looks like it's failing right before the real root file system is mounted. Did you have them try without SMP and ACPI ? You can disable those from the bootloader.

Sometimes it's useful to setup NetBSD on a USB drive (ie.. do a full installation etc..). Then I put some alternate kernels on the file system and one of them I'll have a full debug kernel built that I can boot up on and (hopefully) get an idea of why/where-exactly the failure is occurring. You could probably do that and create a 2G or 4G image for your data center hands & eyes folks to rawrite to a USB drive and boot up the server on. Then FTP / dropbox it to them etc...

-Swift