Re: NetBSD on a Soekris net4801

On Fri, Feb 10, 2017 at 09:11:44PM +0000, udon%sdf-eu.org@localhost wrote:
> > On 10/02/2017 19:26, udon%sdf-eu.org@localhost wrote:
> > >Hi all, I'm thinking of running NetBSD on a Soekris net4801. It has
> > >128 MB RAM and 1 GB CF card. Does anybody have experience running
> > >NetBSD on these machines? Do I need a custom kernel for the AMD Geode
> > >CPU on the machines? Is there a good way to reduce wear (for example
> > >swap use) to increase the CF card's life? Thanks, udon

I use no swap on my net5501 and just replaced the original CF card with
an industrial grade CF with TBW (total bytes written) of 640 TB.  That
should be more than adequate (the box will be replaced before the CF
card wears out).

I had to set the Soekris FLASH parameter to Secondary in the bootloader
to make this CF (ATP 8 GB) work.

  -jm