Re: Various segfaults

Hi,

I was recently notified by a kind person that
my emails were all going into spam folders.
So, I'll briefly tell about my problem.

All GTK+2 programmes I've tried
(gimp, gpicview, firefox, lxappearance, leafpad)
crash with segfault on keyboard input and
in case with setting something in lxappearance
with memory fault. I have also one programme (sxiv)
that crashes on start with memory fault if built
locally from my /home or installed from pkgsrc
(pre-compiled). If sxiv is built from /usr/pkgsrc,
it doesn't crash and works fine. The content of
core dumps is almost the same in all cases:
libc.so.12 (__lwp_park60) and
libXcursor.so.

I've done a couple memtests, one for four hours
(two passes) and four passes for around eight
hours. I've tried Dell's  ePSA (a diagnostic
utility accessible from BIOS with their memtest
included); all shown no problems whatsoever.

I've also experienced such problem in Alpine
Linux, but didn't do any debugging work
back then.

I'd highly appreciate any help with my problem.
Please let me know if you need full core dumps.

--
Cág