/bin/sh command history in NetBSD/i386

Hi,

I recently installed NetBSD 7.0.2 on an old laptop (i386). Both root and the user have /bin/sh as the (default) shell, but only root has a command history, using the arrow keys. I've also installed NetBSD on a DEC/Alpha but there is no problem and history works out of the box for the user.

After trying different sh config files in the user's home directory (/etc/shrc, /etc/profile, /root/.shrc, /root/.profile, /.profile) nothing works.

Does anyone have an idea how to get the same behaviour of /bin/sh for the users as root has?

Regards,
Marco

--
A mushroom cloud has no silver lining.