Re: OpenVPN and dev option

BERTRAND Joël a écrit :
     Hello,

     I use OpenVPN for a long time on several Linux servers and I'm able
to specify device name by dev option. For example, if I add in openvpn
configuration file :

dev tap2
dev-type tap

I'm sure that this instance of openvpn will create and use tap2 even if
ther is no tap0 nor tap1.

     I have tried to use the same capability under NetBSD (7.0.2) and
OpenVPN doesn't start anymore. If I want to specify a named interface, I
have to use :

dev tap2
dev-type tap
dev-node /dev/tap

but OpenVPN doesn't use tap2. It always create a new tap device with the
little minor it can find.

     In my case, it always create tap1 as tap0 is used for another VPN.

     How can I force this device name ?

     Best regards,

     JKB

	Oops, I just find a bug report on OpenVPN...

	https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/ticket/735

	JKB