installboot command failed

Hi,

I'm trying to install NetBSD/i386 on an old laptop (entire disk for NetBSD). After partitioning the installboot command fails with:

installboot: Old BPB too big, use -f (may invalidate filesystem)
installboot: Set bootstrap operation failed

How to go from here? Installation is possible but after that the disk doesn't boot. I tried fdisk -i and fdisk -B, but without any effect.

Regards,
Marco

--
Whatever women do they must do twice as well as men to be thought half
as good.  Luckily this is not difficult.