Dual-boot Linux and NetBSD with SYSLINUX

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year and holidays! Wish ye all the best.

I am trying to dual-boot Linux and NetBSD with SYSLINUX.
Previously I did this successfully with GRUB2 and chain

What I've tried:

1. mboot as described in the wiki[0]:

LABEL netbsd
  MENU LABEL NetBSD
  COM32 mboot.c32
  APPEND /netbsd

Assuming the kernel's name is simply "netbsd",
ungzipped, as it is after the installation of 7.0.2.
With this configuration SYSLINUX can't find the file.
I suppose mboot is the correct way but I must be missing
something.

2. chain loading:

LABEL netbsd
  MENU LABEL NetBSD
  COM32 chain.c32
  APPEND hd0 1

[NetBSD is on /dev/sda1 or /dev/wd0a]
With this configuration SYSLINUX prints:

Booting...
SYSLINUX 6.04 EDD

and doesn't load anything.

During the installation I did not install the bootcode to
the MBR.

Thanks,
Cág

[0]: http://www.syslinux.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mboot.c32#NetBSD