Re: A single-board computer for NetBSD

Hi,

On 19/11/2016 21:01, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
It is port-arm/51453: mutex_vector_enter: locking against myself on RPi
It's a dwc2 bug.

Without using USB, it has been rock solid - I've compiled for days on
it. With - it would occasionally hang but is still usable.

I can confirm the stability. I have a RPI and installed NetBSD by writing the memory from a PC.
I used USB only for keyboard&mouse, wired ethernet.
I compiled for about one week all dependencies necessary for GNUstep, then build from source GNUstep itself and most applications and tested them. The small box proved stable, compiled without issues, no hangups, no network problems.

My first impression is that it is slower than the twin box running Raspbian and the same application, I haven't analyzed what makes it slower. I think that X11 is a little bit slower, it boots a bit slower. Maybe disk access? I am not sure, the impression is that Raspbian is a little better optimized and results being a little more responsive.

Riccardo