Re: A single-board computer for NetBSD

On Fri, Nov 18, 2016 at 11:18:13PM -0500, Eric Garver wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 19, 2016 at 04:14:32AM +0100, Martin Cermak wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I think of creating a simple router for home use with NetBSD.
> > Just for fun.  I imagine a single board printed circuit with
> > passive cooling, with 2+ 100+ Mbit/s ethernet ports and maybe
> > a vga port too.  A Raspberry Pi sort of thing, but maybe not
> > exactly that..  Hmm, some olimex board might be nice maybe..
> >
> > Can someone give me an advice wrt.  which HW to buy so that it
> > will happily run some of the recent NetBSD releases?
>
> I'm using an Odroid-C1+ as my home router. Quite happy with my setup.
> See blog post linked below.

Odroid-C1+ is a nice board, I have used >100 pcs in projects so far.
I'm going to try adding an LTE modem to one and use it as a router.

Odroid-C2 is a 64-bit version with 2 GB RAM (but still only one
Ethernet port).  I have been using those for "Android smart TV's"
(you can run all Android apps on them and they seem very stable).

  -jm