Re: Setting up IPv6

    Date:        Thu, 17 Nov 2016 23:40:02 +0100
    From:        Rhialto <rhialto%falu.nl@localhost>

  | At first I had no rtadvd.conf file, but in december 2015 (was that for
  | 7.0?) I found I had to have that file, but it could be empty.

I am not running rtadvd on anything at the minute (v6 routing is all
getting done by commercial routers) so I guess I should set up a test
net and try it out, but I see nothing in the current rtadvd source that
would require that, and the man page still says it is optional.

If something is failing to work when the file is not there, I'd call that
a bug (especially if an empty file works - requiring file to exist, but
allowing it to be empty, to supply config info, would be simply perverse.)

If there was some data that had to be supplied, and could not be inferred
from either a default value or from the existing network, that would be
different, but an empty file cannot contribute any such info...

kre