Re: X and NetBSD Stable branch (alpha port)

Hello,

On Sun, 23 Oct 2016 16:23:22 +0200 (CEST)
Marco Beishuizen <mbeis%xs4all.nl@localhost> wrote:

> I have a Digital PWS600au which currently runs NetBSD 7.0.1. The version
> of X included does not run on my alpha. Building Xorg from pkgsrc fails
> because of missing patches.
>
> If I follow the NetBSD Stable branch, are the latest patches then included
> in X? Or do I need to follow the current branch for this?

X in -current should work on (some?) PCI alphas, I don't know to what
extent or which drivers have been tested though. The glint driver
should work ( I assisted in making that happen a while ago ), possibly
the radeon driver, but that's about it, as far as I know.
Please test and report.

That said, there is a whole lot of weirdness in Xorg's alpha support
which I'd like to clean up, and TurboChannel support is completely
missing. I don't have any alpha hardware though.

have fun
Michael