Re: NetBSD 7 acpi problem on Sun Fire X4600M2

Hi,

I just found an bug report that sounds like my problem.

I will try to install a kernel with

options ACPI__DIS_IS_BROKEN

Greetings
Helge

On 09/24/16 14:07, Helge Muehlmeier wrote:
Hello,

I want to run NetBSD 7 amd64 on a Sun Fire X4600M2.

If I try to install the system with acpi enabled the boot process hangs and nothing happens anymore. I'm able to install the NetBSD 7 without acpi.

I can run the computer without acpi enabled too.

My problem is that NetBSD 6_STABLE has no problem with acpi enabled. But I have a PCIe card with two M.2 sata ssd installed and NetBSD 6 isn't able to use that controller/disks. I got error messages with that.

NetBSD current also doesn't run with acpi enabled.

The system have AMD Opteron processors installed... Is it possible that there was sometinkg changed in the default kernels?

Does somebody have an idea how to get acpi working with NetBSD 7?

Greetings,

Helge