Re: Intel Iris Pro 580 under NetBSD

On Sun, 11 Sep 2016, Benny Siegert wrote:
> I admit that I don?t know much about Intel graphics these days. My
> machine has an Intel Iris Pro 580 graphics adapter.

I also have a machine with this same adapter. It's a Lenovo Thinkcentre
"Tiny" machine. I believe the problem is that NetBSD's intel KMS code is
not yet pulled up to the rev that supports Iris graphics.

> Running X crashes the machine: I get an empty screen with text mode
> cursor, then it becomes unresponsive.

That's the same as I get.

> I tried setting the driver to ?vesa?, but the result is the same.

I had the same experience. I even tried disabling the framebuffer console
which also didn't matter.

> What is the correct incantation to get X on this card? Even
> un-accelerated graphics would be preferable to a crash.

I don't think that there is a way to do it right this minute. If it helps,
I've noticed that FreeBSD Beta 11 is supporting it. I think we'll just
have to wait on the NetBSD side of things. It'll happen eventually.

Thanks,
  Swift