Intel Iris Pro 580 under NetBSD

Hi!

I admit that I don’t know much about Intel graphics these days. My machine has an Intel Iris Pro 580 graphics adapter. Running X crashes the machine: I get an empty screen with text mode cursor, then it becomes unresponsive.

I tried setting the driver to „vesa“, but the result is the same.

When the kernel boots, it does not change to a framebuffer console, as it did on my old machine with a Radeon. Does this mean that KMS is not working (which is needed for the Intel drivers, right?)?

What is the correct incantation to get X on this card? Even un-accelerated graphics would be preferable to a crash.

—Benny.