Re: configuring remote headless servers

I'm grateful for the sharing of wisdom and experience.    I have
worked out that the servers most likely do have IPMI (they are Fujitsu
Siens Primergy RX100 GSO1), but given their age I suspect it will prove to be
an early version.

I saw something in the BIOS setup that looked related, but given the
urgent need to get them back into service I did not have time to
experiment at base and dare not set them into a novel configuration
(for me).   I have this problem of physical disability which prevents
me working on the machines directly in the machine room.

Perhaps if the ISP who provided them in the first place had thought to
configure IPMI then, my life would have been significantly easier these
past few weeks.

But for now my original question still stands: what about using
/fastboot?

I'm not ignoring the other suggestions, e.g. cross-connecting serial
ports, but at the moment they're not practical.

Steve Blinkhorn <steve%prd.co.uk@localhost>