Re: netbsd-7 fails to boot on dell optiplex 990

On 18-Jul-2016 15:18:51, Greg Troxel wrote:

I tried to boot an amd64 GENERIC on a Dell Optiplex 990, and it paniced
with no console.   Following upgrade norms, I had only updated the
kernel and not userland.

Maybe related, but on an Optiplex 745 I had a i915drmkms panic/crash during boot/install. Couldn't do anything with it once it crashed either.

I had to add a boot option with i915drmkms disabled via userconf to get it to boot:

menu=Disable i915drmkms:rndseed /var/db/entropy-file;userconf disable i915drmkms;boot netbsd