Re: USB img NetBSD-7.0.1-amd64-install.img does not boot

El día Monday, July 04, 2016 a las 08:34:18AM -0400, Gary Duzan escribió:

> In Message <20160704105315.GA1856@c720-r292778-amd64>,
>    Matthias Apitz <guru%unixarea.de@localhost>wrote:
>
> =>I wanted to give NetBSD a try on my Acer C720 (aka Chromebook, but
> =>switched to LegacyBoot mode) and fetched the USB image. I wrote it with
> =>dd(1) to the USB key and it is there and even mountable in FreeBSD:
> =>
> => [...]
> =>
> =>but it does not boot:
> =>
> =>Booting from Hard Disk ...
> =>NetBSD MBR boot
> =>Error Disk read error
> =>Booting from Floppy....
> =>Boot failed: could not read the boot disk
> =>
> =>No bootable device.
> =>
> =>What could I have done wrong? Thanks
>
>    I see that the C720 has both USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. If you are
> using the 3.0 port, try the 2.0 port. Unfortunately, NetBSD's USB
> 3.0 support is experimental at best.

On the 3.0 port it is not even seen as a boot device.

I now wagely remember that we have had changes in the FreeBSD boot code
to support the C720, which are now in trunk, but I have patches from
January 2015. I could send these to someone from NetBSD for review and
integration in NetBSD. I have not enough knowledge about NetBSD to do
this by my own, but would be willing to test the results.

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru%unixarea.de@localhost, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045
"Wer übersieht, dass wir uns den anderen weggenommen haben und sie uns wiederhaben wollen,