Re: NetBSD 7.0 i386 mkdep fails

On Sat, Jun 04, 2016 at 06:44:03PM -0400, Bob Bernstein wrote:
> Unless and until you are willing to shoulder some, if not much of said
> blame, for the seeming lack of free expert advice in this thread, you are
> not going to obtain that advice.

I wish someone told me what that "part" was. Also I wish the previous
poster had taken above advice seriously by introspecting about reading the
mails first before attacking someone on the mailing list.

> You impress me as a a contentious individual, who isn't happy unless he
> is sparring with someone. You need to learn how to meet people half-way
> in a friendly manner, and let go of your obvious zest for arguing with
> them.

I am a member of this list for about 5 to 6 years. If you search my mails
you'll not find a single instance of reacting the way I did today.

You will find PRs filed, patches submitted, wip packages submitted some of
which also moved to main pkgsrc.

You will find participation in debugging some features of current and
prompt replies if someone advises me try things out.

You will notice a habit of referring to documentation and not asking
questions in a manner that take somebody's time for granted.

You'll find several instances of having solved the problems myself and my
own mail submitting the solution to my problem with the hope that it might
be useful to someone.

I might have a tiny little contribution which is really nothing as
compared to the work of NetBSD group in building such a well engineered
system. So I did not write above to boast or something.

If at all, I was just citing seriousness, perseverance and patience
without losing trust in the approach by continuing to use the system
despite some rough edges my mannerism on the list for so many years.

I can get into what led to some unusual reaction on my part but I think
nobody cares about that.

I feel the elitist attitude of some members of this list is possibly
responsible for eroding user base. It is sad to see. NetBSD still happens
to be one of the best operating systems I ever used or worked with. But
may be time to move on as the sense of belonging to the community stands
shattered today.

Thanks for taking time to reply.

Mayuresh.