Re: NetBSD 7.0 i386 mkdep fails

On Wed, Jun 01, 2016 at 10:02:16PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> When running make depend I get this:
>
>   sorry, unimplemented: 64-bit mode not compiled in
>
> I had installed comp from NetBSD 7.0 installation sets.
>
> What is the remedy for this?

Anyone listening and willing to help?

Signs of eroding community size?

I have been using NetBSD for 6 years now and can feel the difference in
the level of community support I used to get back then and now.

I'll continue to have high regards for this platform, its cleanliness,
portability and for one of the fastest and cleanest installation
procedures around.

However looks like there is no critical mass of volunteers and core
developers left anymore that would support the fragmented and ever
changing hardware world.

May be time to move on and switch the platform for me. I'd probably switch
to Debian. I'll miss many things that I enjoyed in NetBSD. But that's
life.

Mayuresh.