Re: slightly OT hardware question

On 05/26/16 03:25, David Brownlee wrote:
On 26 May 2016 at 07:19, Hal Murray <hmurray%megapathdsl.net@localhost> wrote:

wam%hiwaay.net@localhost said:
Does anyone onlist know of any small (RPi-ish), cheap boxen w/ 2 or more
working RJ45 ports (100 Mbit is OK), FreeBSD or NetBSD compatible ? I  would
like to use them as a firewall & an asterisk box. ...
Have you considered adding a USB-Ethernet adapter to a Pi?
... particularly as the onboard Ethernet on at least the original Pi
was via USB :)

Hmmmm .... I didn't know that, really ? I have one (RPi-B+, 700 MHz single core ARM) running NetBSD & being my NTP server, maybe I need to rethink my (limited) knowledge of network devices on these beasties. There have been some posts some months ago indicating that the various RJ45's on a BPi-R1 being wired through the USB controller was giving problems porting NetBSD to that board, is that a correct recollection ? If so, is it still valid ? TIA & have a good one.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.