Re: NetBSD 7, i386, firefox with flash plugin?

On Fri, May 20, 2016 at 07:38:30PM +0200, Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
> I haven't more ideas.
> I know that in the previous pkgsrc version, recent firefox didn't
> build. You had to use firefox24-24.
>
> In the recent pkgsrc firefox now builds fine. I am using now firefos
> 38 (it is the ESR version).

Current pkgsrc as well as pkgin firefox is 45.
It was working for me on amd64 for firefox38 which I am not more able to
build on i386.

> I think that you have mixed packages from different versions of
> pkgsrc. Delete all the packages , and install all from zero with
> pkgin.

I did that already. Everything I have is from pkgin now.

> These are my versions, if it can help you:
>
> pc2$ pkg_info|egrep 'firefox|flash|nspluginwrapper'
> nspluginwrapper-1.4.4 Use Netscape compatible plugins from other platforms
> firefox24-24.8.1nb6 Web browser with support for extensions (version 24.x)
> libflashsupport-4.2.2011 Additional Interface Support for Linux Flash Player
> adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.559 Adobe Flash Player Browser plugin
> firefox38-38.7.1    Web browser with support for extensions (version 38)

Mine are these, everything except flash plugin is from pkgin

$ pkg_info|egrep 'firefox|flash|nspluginwrapper'
nspluginwrapper-1.4.4nb1 Use Netscape compatible plugins from other platforms
libflashsupport-4.2.2011 Additional Interface Support for Linux Flash Player
adobe-flash-plugin-11.2.202.621 Adobe Flash Player Browser plugin
firefox-45.0.1      Web browser with support for extensions (version 45)

> I have also this entry for linux emulation in /etc/fstab:
> procfs        /proc    procfs    rw
> tmpfs        /var/shm    tmpfs    rw,-m1777,-sram%25
>
> (I think the last one rarely is needed).
Yes, I, too, have those.

May be I should try building older ff versions till it works, or switch
back to amd64.

But another point of view is that stray error about libX11.so.6 that came
once and never appeared again. If that is the root cause I don't think
older versions would work.

May be I have got some wrong suse packages?

Mayuresh.