Re: NPF - npfctl_config_send: Invalid argument

On Thu, 14 Apr 2016 20:13:57 +0000
coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
> > npfctl: source /usr/src/sys/net/npf/npf_ctl.c line 174
> > npfctl: npfctl_config_send: Invalid argument
> >
> > That source reference doesn't seem to sync to anything in the actual
> > source.  Anyone know what this message indicates?
>
> Looks like npf_mk_table_entries(t, ents) returned EINVAL.

Thanks.  It still doesn't tell me what I did wrong in the config.  I
have to assume that npf doesn't fail for everyone.  Here's my config in
case it offers clues.  Also, since I am just switching from pf any
critique of the way I am doing things is welcome.

# $Id$
# Common npf.conf for Vex.Net

$ext_if = inet4(bge0)
$int_if = inet4(bge1)

# These tables include IPs personally known to us.
table <FRIENDS> type tree file "/VEX/general/npf/friends.list"
table <ENEMIES> type tree file "/VEX/general/npf/enemies.list"

# The auto block table is built by a script examining attacks
table <AUTOBLOCK> type tree dynamic

group "eth0" on $ext_if {
    pass in final family inet4 proto icmp all
    pass stateful in final from <FRIENDS>
    pass stateful out final from <FRIENDS>
    pass in final proto udp from any port ntp
    block in final from any port auth
    block in final from <ENEMIES>
    block in final from <AUTOBLOCK>
}