Re: NetBSD install and usage by the blind

On Fri, Apr 08, 2016 at 07:16:42AM +0100, Adam Thompson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As a long-time user of unix-like systems (primarily Linux, with a few others as
> well) I'm interested in setting up a machine with NetBSD.  However I'm blind and
> can't find any examples of either accessibility options in the installer or an
> automated installation method wich isn't for Qemu or Xen.  Any help is much
> appreciated.  I currently have no access to a serial console for the machine,
> though I can probably get a usb to serial adapter if one will do the job.
>
> Additionally, I'm wondering about accessibility options once I have the machine
> installed, though I can just as easily ssh into the box as long as I can get the
> installer to set this up for me.
>
> Cheers,
> Adam.

There is autoinst.sh which turns the install into a single command.

However, I get the impression that you are generally interested in
various operating systems, so this problem will repeat itself for other
operating systems, which may not have such options, or they're not in a
good enough state.

One option that may be widely useful is performing the install via
QEMU, if it is sufficiently capable (at accessibility).

If this method works out, it will allow you to install every operating
system that you wish, given that the same system is capable of running
QEMU (or you are able to move the hd).