Re: ODROID-C1+ sdmmc init fail

* Raymond Keller (rsk%misinformation.org@localhost) [20160312 11:38]:
> Hi, I'm trying to install an ODROID-C1+ (following instructions at
> https://wiki.netbsd.org/ports/evbarm/odroid-c1/#index3h1) and have
> run into:
..
> > sdmmc0: couldn't enable card: 60
..
> I might try a different image if I can find one, as the
> instructions, from what I could tell, pointed to an image from
> 2015-09-25.

Being unfamiliar with how and where builds come to be, I made a bad
choice getting the image.  Seems there are fresh builds at
nyftp.netbsd.org.

Kernels for netbsd-7-0 and netbsd-7 from the dailies had the same
"couldn't enable card: 60" error.  HEAD worked.  I had thought the
C1+ was supported in 7.0 Release but I shouldn't be surprised it
doesn't actually seem to be -- the 7.0 release page only says that
there's support for the ODROID-C1.  The board-specific page says the
C1+ is supported "by the same NetBSD kernel", but I guess that
doesn't necessarily mean the same branch.  My misunderstanding.

I thought I'd go ahead and try to build images and kernels myself,
confirm what I'm finding from the FTP site.  Kernels I built from
HEAD, netbsd-7, and netbsd-7-0 matched what I saw from the dailies;
HEAD's kernel worked and the others did not.

So I think the C1+ isn't actually supported by NetBSD 7 Release, but
works in HEAD -- how can I find out when it might be more stably
supported?

(In any case, folks might want to know that HEAD worked for the
ODROID-C1+ (with eMMC).  If anyone would like to see the dmesg, just
let me know.)

A question about machine/architecture:  I assumed the ODROID-C1's
machine/arch was evbarm-earmv7hf because that's implied by reference
on the instructions page.  Is there another, more definitive route I
could have taken to figure out the correct machine/arch?

RSK