PAE + i7 + 24G RAM + i386 kernel = panic

I just took the GENERIC kernel, modified one line to enable PAE and then rebooted my i7 with 24G of RAM. I'm using NetBSD 7.0 i386. As soon as the bootloader passes off to the kernel, it crashes and drops into the debugger. Trying to do a 'bt' (backtrace) causes an instant-reboot.

So, I recompiled again and turned on all the debugging features. It didn't crash this time and I was able to get a backtrace (once, but type it twice and get another instant-reboot). I can transcribe what I saw on the screen and file a PR if that's helpful. However, I'm curious:

1. Is this a known issue ?

2. Is this reproducible for anyone else ?

Thanks,
  Swift