Re: GPT, wedges and RAID-1 on new server with NetBSD 7

> Next step is where I get confused. I now have to create partitions for
> RAID. The parity re-write created raid1a with type 4.2BSD which takes
> up the whole 8GB.
If that created raid1, then what is raid0?

> If I want separate / swap and /home, I presume I should delete raid1a
> and create raid1a, raid1b and raid1e instead (by clicking on its
> parent raid1 and selecting "Edit BSD partitions")?
Yes.  (Not sure about the clicking part, I've given up on partition
managers and tend to disklabel -e)

> If it's not possible to do this with sysinst is it at least possible
> to do it by dropping to a shell? Ideally I would like to use GPT with
> the RAID-1 setup as well, since I will be on 2 x 2TB disks and I
> anticipate this getting bigger, not smaller in years to come. I have
> successfully set up NetBSD with GPT by dropping to a shell but I don't
> know where to add RAID into that mix.
The general process is outlined at
https://www.netbsd.org/docs/guide/en/chap-rf.html#chap-rf-ex-raid1root
however it probably doesn't cover GPT or wedges.  It should give a rough
idea what would make sense to try, though.