Re: Ancient BSD's Licensing & Trademarks when porting and/or forking V7 and/ or 2.x - 4.x BSD's

Yeah Thanks.
I was having a look at some of the source code and you are right Jeremy. The code licencing for most BSD's before 4.4BSD or non UNIX/32V and Versions 1-7 of Unix is really mixed and unclear as to the licence. Which is sad to some degree and makes it a nightmare. Though i have always gone on the assumption the pdp-11 16-bit BSD's (aka 2.11BSD) were under a 4-clause BSD style licence but it hasn't really been clear cut, a large reason why i posted this. So i think in some ways it would provide a lot of benefit and be interesting to find out just for curiosity if anything

Martin