Re: Ancient BSD's Licensing & Trademarks when porting and/or forking V7 and/ or 2.x - 4.x BSD's

Of course that is not what I was trying to suggest. Perhaps I should have made it more clear but I am not trying to void the original licence in any way shape or form. I am asking because I do not want to.
Though Lyndon you have answered my question. That a project released under a BSD-style Licence cannot change to a later license version when releasing a derivative of said project. Unlike the GPL licence which if the original work was released under GPL v1 a derivative could be released under GPL v2 or 3.