GPT vs BSD-label

Can one use the BSD disklabel to fully replace a GPT or MBR table? I understand why folks want to move from MBR to GPT, but do the same reasons apply to BSD disklabels? In other words, is there any advantage to using GPT over BSD diskabels ?

The only thing I can think of is that the partitions might be visible to other OS's which aren't savvy about BSD disklabels. In my case, there is no value in that as my disks stay with BSD machines.

Thanks,
  Swift