Re: How to run Microsoft Internet Explorer on NetBSD?

On 30 January 2016 at 20:26, Jose Luis Rodriguez Garcia
<joseyluis%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> I have tried this other time. (I tried it in the past also without success).
>
> The package is broken, and one file that tries to download from
> Microsoft is not longer available. (mfc42.cab)
>
> After of downloading manually the missing package from web archiv,
> fixing the scripts of ies4linux, it installs Internet Explorer 6.
>
> As always (as mi previous attempts) it fails at the few seconds of
> start the explorer.
>
> Have you tried with some older version of wine that worked better than
> the actual versions?

A few years back I ran up three XP VMs under qemu for occasional use
of IE 6, 7 & 8, and still have them, though I've been fortunate enough
not to need them very much recently. Its not as nice as being able to
have a free floating browser window, and not as performant as a
VirtualBox or xen solution, but its reliable and good enough for my
needs