Re: wpa_supplicant issues

Hello Riccardo,

Riccardo Mottola writes:
> [...]
> I have copied over the wpa_supplicant.conf file from a linux computer
> where network works: ssid and key are known to be good.
>
> When I try to launch wpa_supplicant, I get:
> # wpa_supplicant -Dbsd -iipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant
>
> and "nothing more". I expect some more chatty stuff about keys and other
> stuff I see on Linux. I see that the WiFi LED comes up and blinks, but
> ifconfig tells me the "status" is "no network" although it is attached
> to the correct ssid.
>
> Running dhclient/dhpcd on the interface yields nothing.
>
> What's wrong? I see no errors to work on.
I'm not sure if it will contains a lot of information or not but usually
when I need to diagnosticate wpa_supplicant problems I just fire up
wpa_cli(8) in order to look what's happening (in interactive mode).

My wpa_supplicant.conf also contains the following two lines in order to
use it as a user in "wheel" group too:

 ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
 ctrl_interface_group=wheel
 [...]