wpa_supplicant issues

Hi,

I need to use wpa_supplicant to connect to the network at the office.
I am running NetBSD 7.0 i386.
The network interface is an intel:
ipw0 at pci1 dev 2 function 0: vendor 0x8086 product 0x1043 (rev. 0x04)
ipw0: interrupting at irq 11
ipw0: 802.11 address 00:0c:f1:2e:4a:3b
ipw0: 11b rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps

I confirm that I have enabled the interface with this sysctl
hw.ipw.accept_eula=1

In fact, at home where I have simple WEP, it works quite well.

I have copied over the wpa_supplicant.conf file from a linux computer where network works: ssid and key are known to be good.

When I try to launch wpa_supplicant, I get:
# wpa_supplicant -Dbsd -iipw0 -c /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
Successfully initialized wpa_supplicant

and "nothing more". I expect some more chatty stuff about keys and other stuff I see on Linux. I see that the WiFi LED comes up and blinks, but ifconfig tells me the "status" is "no network" although it is attached to the correct ssid.

Running dhclient/dhpcd on the interface yields nothing.

What's wrong? I see no errors to work on.

Thanks,
Riccardo