Re: Beating a dead horse

On 11/24/15 08:47, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Tue, Nov 24, 2015 at 08:39:19AM -0553, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
[...]
Physical sector size: 4096 bytes
                         ^^^^

So yes you should align your partitions to 4k (both on individual drives
and at the RAID level), also also use ffs block size multiple of 4k.

Excellent, thanks. One of my questions in my OP was 'why didn't fdisk do that automatically ?' .... Any ideas on that, it would have saved me a few headaches :-/ ....

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.