Re: NetBSD on Intel Celeron J1900 / ASRock Q1900B-ITX

Hi,

On 2015/10/16 22:26, Jörn Clausen wrote:
Hello!

Maybe this is a similar problem to the one reported by Sridhar earlier
this month, maybe it's something different...

I am trying to install NetBSD 7.0 on an ASRock Q1900B Mini-ITX board,
but installation hangs there as well. The hard disk is detected, then
the installer waits for about a minute, then the message

uhub0:device problem, disabling port 1

is shown, and boot and root devices are requested. I am trying to
install from a CD-ROM attached via USB.

The board has a serial connector, but I need some assistance actually
booting via/to the serial console, in order to provide a full boot
message log. I do have another NetBSD machine connected via a
USB-to-Serial cable and programs like "cu" or "miniterm" seem to
attach to /dev/dtyU0. What are probably good connection parameters?
What do I have to do to make the problematic machine actually write to
the serial console?

Please try to change console device in boot menu.
1. Choose "Drop to boot prompt" in boot menu.
2. Type "consdev com0" on your keyboard.
3. You can see prompt on serial console.
4. Type "menu" on serial console to continue boot.

I dunno how to change baud rate other than 9600.

regards,
--
t-hash