NetBSD on Intel Celeron J1900 / ASRock Q1900B-ITX

Hello!

Maybe this is a similar problem to the one reported by Sridhar earlier
this month, maybe it's something different...

I am trying to install NetBSD 7.0 on an ASRock Q1900B Mini-ITX board,
but installation hangs there as well. The hard disk is detected, then
the installer waits for about a minute, then the message

uhub0:device problem, disabling port 1

is shown, and boot and root devices are requested. I am trying to
install from a CD-ROM attached via USB.

The board has a serial connector, but I need some assistance actually
booting via/to the serial console, in order to provide a full boot
message log. I do have another NetBSD machine connected via a
USB-to-Serial cable and programs like "cu" or "miniterm" seem to
attach to /dev/dtyU0. What are probably good connection parameters?
What do I have to do to make the problematic machine actually write to
the serial console?

Joern

--
Joern Clausen