Re: termcap issue

On Thu, Aug 20, 2015 at 09:40:49PM +0200, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> [...]
> >Yes, stty erase ^? works, but it shouldn't be necessary.
>
> I'm actually surprised, since most people nowadays seems to actually want
> erase to be bound to BS, and I have found NetBSD to do that for me for the
> last 10 years or so. Personally I want to use DEL, and not BS. But I seem to
> be a very small minority nowadays. :-)
> And I usually have to set it that way myself, which is why I have a "stty
> dec" in my login scripts...

I think what Dave means is that ssh used to send the right erase character
at connection time (I don't know if it actually did really send the tty
settings or a termcap fragment), and that the sshd on the NetBSD side no
longer accepts this.

I didn't follow the start of the discussion but it may be related to the
recent openssh upgrade on NetBSD