Re: termcap issue

On 2015-08-20 19:11, Pongthep Kulkrisada wrote:
* Pongthep Kulkrisada (ptkrisada%gmail.com@localhost) wrote:
* John Klos (john%ziaspace.com@localhost) wrote:
Sometime between RC1 and RC2, something happened to termcap. I often ssh
from a Mac (TERM is xterm-256color) and nothing has changed on that end
for ages. However, now on any NetBSD-7.0_RC2 system, the shell shows "^?"
whenever a backspace is entered and the terminal is not interactive. Also,
in insert mode in vi, one has to use control-h, as now backspace enters
"^?". What changed? It'd be nice if this were fixed.

I also encountered the same problem. I have also tried...
stty erase ^H
bindkey "\177" delete-char
Nothing seems to work, this time I have to go back to 6.1_STABLE.

It is still not fixed in 7.0_RC3. Mac users still have to press ^H to delete.
Any solutions or workaround would be highly appreciated.

I should probably point out that if the system is echoing ^? when you press they key marked "delete", or "<X]", or "<-", or whatever, then your problem is not in NetBSD, but on your Mac. The key you are pressing is sending an ascii DEL character. How you can expect that any settings for how NetBSD should react to an ascii BS character would be relevant here is beyond me.

Either change your Mac to send a BS character, or configure your NetBSD system to do an erase when receiving a DEL.

(stty erase ^?)

	Johnny