Re: termcap issue

On 8/20/2015 13:15, Johnny Billquist wrote:
I should probably point out that if the system is echoing ^? when you press they key marked "delete", or "<X]", or "<-", or whatever, then your problem is not in NetBSD, but on your Mac.

BTW, I should note that it's not just a Mac issue... the PuTTY ssh client on Windows has a setting under Terminal -> Keyboard for whether the Backspace key sends "Control-H" or "Control-?". I'm pretty sure it defaults to ^? (at least that's what it's currently set to on my machine, and I don't remember changing it), and so when I connect to a NetBSD 7.0_RC server with PuTTY, I have to manually stty erase ^?.