Re: Necessity of rebuilding pkgsrc after updating the system

On Tue 18 Aug 2015 at 22:03:56 +0700, Pongthep Kulkrisada wrote:
> Thanks for all your responses.
>
> * Ottavio Caruso (ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost) wrote:
> > Never done it myself, but have you considered this:
> >
> > pkg_info -Q PKGPATH -a > pkgs_i_want_to_have
> >
> > pkg_info -a | sed 's/ .*//' | tail -r | while read p ; do pkg_delete $p ; done
> >
> > cat pkgs_i_want_to_have | (while read pp ; do cd /usr/pkgsrc/$pp ;
> > make && make install ; done)
> I have seen it. But I thought there was a simpler way i.e. a single command.
> I was wrong. There is no straight way.

There is pkg_chk. With pkg_chk -g to create an initial list of installed
packages, and after removing everything, pkg_chk -a would rebuild them.
I do this process inside pkg_comp chroot, so that my running system is
not affected until everything is rebuilt.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'