Re: Necessity of rebuilding pkgsrc after updating the system

On 16 August 2015 at 16:02, Pongthep Kulkrisada <ptkrisada%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> After updating the system from 6.x to 7.x (i.e. update across major branches),
> should I have to rebuild all pkgsrc?

Hi,

blind leading the blind here. My gut feeling is: no.

Isn't *BSD based on the principle that the base system is somewhat
separated from 3rd party userland?

If there's any apps that break, you might rebuild them one by one later.

Unless it's very critical system which must be 100% productive from
day one, in which case I'd like to have a second opinion from the
seniors.

--
Ottavio