Re: Please advise usb wifi device for raspberry pi 2, NetBSD 7

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 04:17:42AM +0000, Christian Koch wrote:

> > What is the best way to ascertain what would work on NetBSD before buying
> > one?
>
> If you're lucky, some man page in chapter 4 will provide a list of what works.
> Otherwise, well, can't know for sure.

Some of the wireless driver man pages list known-to-work devices, try
"man urtwn" for example.  I research this by doing a google search for
the model number and the term "product id" one of the returns should
give you the usb id for the device, then you can trawl
/usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs to see if the id is known, then grep the
drivers for the id symbol to see if there is a match.  This should be
pretty accurate for a usb network device for other usb devices they may
be matched on a device class (things like usb serial devices) so you
cannot always rely on doing this.

--
Brett Lymn