Re: Please advise usb wifi device for raspberry pi 2, NetBSD 7

> On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 06:43:33PM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > I am looking to purchase a new USB wifi dongle for Raspberry Pi 2 for
> > NetBSD 7.0.

> I have used this one without any issue whatsover. I have a traditional Raspberry
> Pi, not a Raspberry Pi 2, but that shouldn't make a difference. It uses
> urtwn(4).

>     http://www.adafruit.com/products/1012

> > What is the best way to ascertain what would work on NetBSD before buying
> > one?

> If you're lucky, some man page in chapter 4 will provide a list of what works.
> Otherwise, well, can't know for sure.

> -Christian

One note of caution: most of the time, online vendors' description pages for USB wifi adapters don't say what driver is used (athn, urtwn, rsu, whatever).

Going to the manufacturer's site offers a better chance, but still very doubtful.  I have downloaded many PDF manuals for computer and noncomputer equipment to help decide what to purchase.

Tom