samba-4.2.1nb4 Shared object "libpopt-samba3-samba4.so" not found

All,
I installed samba-4.2.1 under 7.0_RC2. I had to you pkg_add because pkgin gave me an error message.

pkgin: samba-4.2.1nb4 is not available on the repository

I configured my smb.conf file and started smbd and nmbd. To test I entered

smbclient -Usamba -L localhost

and got the following message:
Shared object "libpopt-samba3-samba4.so" not found

However when a search for the file finds it here.
/usr/pkg/lib/samba/private/libpopt-samba3-samba4.so

Another interesting point is there are no man pages for samba or smbclient.

man samba
man: no entry for samba in the manual.
man smbclient
man: no entry for smbclient in the manual.

My questions are these, being new to the NetBSD community:
1. Is this a bug that I need to file? (I did search the bug db)
2. Is somewhere I can "point" samba to the missing file?

Ron Georgia
John 13:23
Innovate to Dominate