Re: PulseAudio high CPU usage on NetBSD 7_RC1/amd64

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 09:32:03 +0200
herbert langhans <w3%langhans.com.pl@localhost> wrote:

> Hi Willian,
> though I have an older version of NetBSD, and experienced the same
> issue - pulseaudio took 100% of the CPU. Same here, using Firefox
> and the videos.
>
> Have you tried fiddling with the settings of
> /usr/pkg/etc/pulse/daemon.conf?
>
> I have changed these settings from the defaults to:
> high-priority = no
> realtime-scheduling = no
> resample-method = trivial
>
> Still it hogs on the ressources, but at least it works.
>
> Cheers
> herb langhans

Hi, thanks for the suggestions.

PulseAudio in fact works fine even with the default settings, just uses 100% cpu usage. I added your suggested settings to my copy of daemon.conf, restarted PulseAudio, and still have 100% CPU usage in mplayer and Firefox.

So unfortunately, I don't think that's the culprit. Perhaps I need to compile a "vanilla" version instead of the pkgsrc version and see what happens with the CPU usage (and also look at other system's default settings).

--
William D. Jones <thor0505%comcast.net@localhost>