LVM question

I have a newly commissioned NetBSD 6.1.5 server up & running AOK. It was built w/ the idea of adding some more storage after it was online for additional backup space on my LAN. The case is a mini-tower with 2 unused 5.25" Bays, which can accomodate 8-12 2.5" HDD's using readily available accessories. I was originally planning to use a RAID10 of these drives for that additional storage. However, perusal of the web & man pages reveals that both ZFS & LVM2 are available for use. These are more storage efficient than a RAID10, with slightly less tolerance of plural HDD failures in the storage pool. Since I have had exemplary luck w/ 2.5" HDD's for several years now, I am willing to tolerate the risk for the additional usable space of either a ZFS or LVM storage setup. My question is: How reliable/mature are these under NetBSD ? LVM is obviously widely used by RHEL for years now, & believed to be mature/reliable enough for large enterprise settings. Is the LVM coding under NetBSD substantially identical to that under RHEL, absent necessary changes for porting ? Can anyone vouch for its reliability or lack thereof ? ZFS is pretty mature under FreeBSD, although the version under NetBSD seems to be a bit older according to Wikipedia (not a source I trust implicitly, but all I have for now). Has anyone onlist used ZFS under NetBSD 6.1.5 for mission-critical storage/backup ? Like it ? Hate it ? The online ZFS docs are somewhat ominous sounding, but undated, is development on both LVM2 & ZFS active & ongoing for NetBSD 6.1.5 or higher ? Thanks for any info & have a nice weekend.

--

	William A. Mahaffey III

	 ever devised by man."
                           -- Gen. George S. Patton Jr.