Re: installing rsync

On 7/24/15 10:09 AM, William A. Mahaffey III wrote:
> Don't have the file in /etc, don't even have a /etc/pkgin directory
> :-/. I *think* I did a 'pkg_add pkgin' a week or 2 ago, but
> unfortunately I don't recall precisely. A bit more info I should have
> included in the OP:

Hmm, I don't know how this works, then.  Maybe it has a built-in
repository path or something?

Anyway, can you do a "pkgin update" and then the install?

# pkgin update
# pkgin install rsync

The "pkgin update" should synchronize the pkgin database with the
package repo (whichever one you're using).  You have to run the update
command regularly to keep them in sync.

Lewis