Re: pkg questions

"William A. Mahaffey III" <wam%hiwaay.net@localhost> writes:

> 6.1.5 server, 2 questions pop up: Where is my pkg_install.conf file ?
> I.e., man page entry, but no file

Not a bug, because empty files aren't needed, more or less.   It's
/usr/pkg/etc/pkg_install.conf.   To figure that out:

$ ktrace pkg_add
$ kdump | egrep NAMI

ktrace is highly useful to figure out what's going on, and casual use is
not hard.

> Also, is there a pkg_* command to provide a list of either all
> available pkgs for installation, or all available uninstalled pkgs ?
> Also, how about upgrades for any installed pkgs ?

See pkgin and nih, both in pkgsrc.  They do similar things, and pkgin
seems to have more users.   Once you download the binary pkg from
netbsd.org and pkg_add it, you can read its docs and run it.